Request NetID for a Department or Chartered Student Organization
NetIDs are available for UNM departments and chartered student organizations (Student Clubs). These NetIDs may be used for e-mail, space for a web page, and file storage.
Department and Club NetIDs are requested using the self service program at Help.UNM. This online system replaces the former paper request form process. The online form includes the option to ask for additional services such as a web site or GroupWise account as part of the same ticket.
Who must approve the account
Department: Department Chair, Program Director, or equivalent position.
Chartered Student Organization: Student Activities Director.
Who may request the account
Department: The requestor should be the primary owner of the account.
Chartered Student Organization: The requestor should be one of the designated club officers.
The requestor should follow these steps to start the process
- Login to Help.UNM with your NetID and password.
- Click New Request near the upper left side of the page.
- In the Step #1 box, verify that your contact information is correct. If you want to be contacted at a different phone number, enter it in the Alt. Contact Info field. Click Continue to proceed.
- In the Step #2 box, go to the last option for location and click the Building not applicable for my request checkbox. Click Continue to proceed.
- In the Step #3 box, select the following categories under the OR heading:
Business Line: Accounts & Access
Category: NetID/Active Directory
Service: Department NetID OR Student Club NetID
Request Type: New
Important - Click Continue at the bottom right corner of Step #3 to proceed.
- In the Step #4 box, Be sure to enter a brief summary of your request in this field to prevent an error message.
- Follow the listed directions to fill in the specific form displayed for NetID type chosen. You will be able to choose additional services, such as a web site, at the same time for your account type.
- Click Save near the bottom left of the page to complete your request.
After the request has been saved, the information goes to IT for review. For department NetIDs, an approval request e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address listed under Departmental Sponsor/Approver with instructions.
For chartered student organizations, the request will go to Student Activities for approval. When IT receives that approval, the creation process will start. The requestor should be able track the ticket status by logging into Help.UNM.
- Departmental web sites may use PHP or MySQL, but you must backup and restore your own MySQL database content. IT will backup and restore your web content but not the database.
- Each department is responsible for developing, debugging, and maintaining its web site content.