The Active Directory (AD) service provides a single, consistent point of management for users, applications, and devices. It is used for managing permissions and user access to network resources. Simplified management and use of file and print services make network resources easier to find, configure and use. All data is hierarchical, replicated, and extensible. Typical examples of data stored in the directory include printer queue data, user contact data, and network/computer configuration data.
Service Requests should be submitted online at Help.UNM (contact 277-5757 if website access issues occur; hours of operation are listed at this website). Enter the following information when prompted:
Business Line: Servers & Storage
Category: Server Management
Request Type: New
The following requirements must be agreed-upon by Customers prior to receiving this service:
1. Ensure third-party applications or software are supported on IT-hosted operating systems
2. Notify IT of special types of data that are being collected (i.e. secure/confidential, PII, FERPA, HIPAA), or whenever new special types of data are planned to be collected
3. Any issues identified via security scans or virus scans must be mitigated by the Customer prior to migration
4. User is responsible for adhering to UNM ITÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s patch management policies (e.g., WSUS and Symantec)
5. UNM IT-trained Organizational Unit (OU) administrators submit Help.UNM requests after performing initial troubleshooting with End Users
Following initial delivery of the service, changes to the service may be requested by the customer and will be fulfilled within seven (7) days of the change request as long as the change is to a service listed in the Service Description. Changes regarding features or add-ons not currently listed in the Service Description will require approval processing and may require development time exceeding seven days.
Rates vary. A quote is available prior to purchase.
Key features include AD training provided by UNM IT to OU Administrators, free-of-charge; Assistance with migration of department resources to the UNM IT AD; An OU configured with full rights to allow management of the departmental environment; S
Contact IT Customer Support Services online or call 277-5757.