Data Center/Network Maintenance - October
10/14/23 - 10/15/23, 10 pm to 2 am, Data Center and Network Maintenance
On Saturday, October 14th, 10 pm, through Sunday, October 15th, 2 am, UNM IT Networks will perform proactive maintenance on the Data Center, Network and/or Firewalls to facilitate security and ensure stability. Please expect UNM VPN and wireless networks, UNM Web Services and other UNM IT hosted services to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable during this time. Network and Services provided by UNM Health and Health Sciences are NOT impacted by this outage. See below for a partial list of major services that are expected to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable.
What does this mean for you?
- The UNM VPN and wireless network will be unavailable or intermittently available for UNM users.
- Most data center services will be unavailable or intermittently unavailable. See impacted services below.
- October 14th, 10 pm, through October 15th, 2 am.
- While unlikely, it is possible, that the outage could be lengthier and more impactful. Updates will be provided on IT Alerts.
Services Expected to be Unavailable or Intermittently Unavailable (select list, not all impacted services listed):
- UNM VPN
- UNM Wireless Access
- My Reports
- Lobo Marketplace
- Cascade/Web Content Management
For a more detailed list of services that are expected to be unavailable or intermittently unavailable, see it.unm.edu.
We ask your help to coordinate with your IT Officer/Liaison to:
- Identify any critical (life-safety) services that must not be interrupted.
- Identify potential risks of service outages August 5th, 10 pm, through August 6th, 2 am.
- Work with your students, faculty, staff, and vendors to make sure service disruptions are well communicated and mitigated, where possible.
- Leverage supplemental communication mechanisms to help us keep the campus community involved and well informed.
For assistance with UNM IT services, please contact UNM IT Customer Support Services at 505-277-5757. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., except during University Holidays.
On occasion, UNM IT may adjust the timing for a planned change. Please visit ITAlerts for the most current information for all upcoming changes to services.
Due to the healthcare nature of UNM Health and Health Sciences, there may be variations to services and support for HHS students, faculty, and staff. If you have questions regarding HHS technology services, please contact the HHS Service Desk at 505-272-1694 or put in a Help.HHS ticket.